The association of the Friends of the Musée de la Conserverie is an association under the law of 1901, created in 2016. Its objective is to promote and enhance the Musée de la Conserverie.
The Friends of the Museum would like to support the Museum, in particular by carrying out the following actions:
- To collect objects and memories relating to the Alexis le Gall cannery in Loctudy and canneries in general,
- Undertake documentary and archival research,
- Organise the collection of oral memory to enrich the testimony on the trades, the know-how and the working conditions and life of the workers and canners,
- To propose and participate in the realization and organization of exhibitions, animations, educational workshops, conferences... related to the history and reality of canneries in general and those related to the Le Gall cannery,
- To promote the publication of articles, books, catalogues and the edition of postcards, brochures, posters, documents and media of any kind, with an informative and educational orientation on the canneries.
- Establish partnerships with associations, local authorities and all other public or private structures,
- In general, to undertake, encourage and support all initiatives that meet the association's social objectives.
ACAL volunteers have been active since the beginning of the renovation project alongside the Loctudy Town Hall. Their actions have made it possible to move, restore and reinstall the objects in the Museum's collections. Many of the volunteers are specialists in the world of canning. Their knowledge has contributed to the writing of the Museum's texts.
Today, volunteers give guided tours of the museum at designated times. In addition, a project for an audio guide in Breton is underway. This project will soon be completed. They also participate in the organisation of events such as the Night of the Museums, the European Heritage Days and children's workshops.
If you would like to become a volunteer for the Museum, please contact them to join the association.